Who We Are
Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College for Women, Dasuya is the flagship institution of Guru Teg Bahadur Educational Trust, Dasuya a Conglomerate having prominent interests in the field of education. This premier institution for women education was established in 1976 to work for the upliftment of women by means of education. Riding upon its vision and philosophy of remaining ahead of time, the college has made para digmic developments in all the fields of its operations. This college has established itself as a leading member of the region's educational services lobby. At present it is providing a vital gamut of educational services under various under-graduate, post-graduate and vocational job-oriented courses recognised by the Punjab University. Spread over an area of 12 acres the college reflects a panoramic view and peaceful environment. It has made itself distinctive in all academic, Sports and other extra-curricular activities. We ride upon our binocular vision of remaining ahead of the time and continuously sense the changing scenario in higher education.
The striking possessions of the college are :- Humanities Block, Science Block, Post- Graduation Block, Administrative Block, Computer Science Labs, Home Science Labs Dr. M.S. Randhawa Library, Sports Wing, Seminar Halls equipped with projectors, NSS Office, Book Shop, Women's Hostel, Efficient Water Management. We also maintain a fleet of buses to take effective care of transportation. With the institution's concept of providing quality based higher education and its belief in providing service to the utmost satisfaction of the students, the college is poised to achieve greater heights in the near future.
The idea of starting a Girls College in this kandi area was conceived by the prominent people of the area including like-minded people of various strata of society as well as educationists and scholars of great eminence like Dr. M.S. Randhawa. At the occasion of the Tercentenary of the Martyrdom of Great Guru Teg Bahadur Ji, who himself advocated emancipation of women, people of the area under the patronage of Dr. M.S. Randhawa and blessings of the saints like Manhant Ram Parkash Ji established an Educational Trustnamed Guru Teg Bahadur Educational Trust. The people of the area donated land for the construction of the building. 90% of the people belonging to the kandi area covering a range of 50 K.M. were hesitating to send their girls to surrounding co-educational institutions and responded enthusiastically to the FIRST GIRLS COLLEGE in this area.
The college campus is spread in the land of 9 and half acres. In 1992 the college got affiliation with Panjab University, Chandigarh and with University Grants Commission under 2F and 12B. The college is also accredited with NAAC. The college is not covered under 95% Grants-in-aid, it is self-financing institution run by the Trust.
Aims and Objectives
- To follow modern methodology and sophisticated technology in teaching.
- Stress to give more than the regular subjects i.e. Value-added Education.
- Identifying the needs and expectations of students and prepare courses and subjects accordingly. Thus practice has been adopted while preparing proposals for starting new vocational courses during Xth Plan period.
- Efforts are consciously made to encourage the students to do Vocational and Techincal courses so that the girls of the remote area learn new skills and technology due to their employment potential.
- Career counseling is being actively prompted to ensure that the skills acquired by girls are appropriately utilized by them.
- Goals and Objectives have been clearly defined. Academic programmes are consistent with attaining of these goals and objectives. As per FOUR PILLARS of knowledge pointed out by UNESCO :
- Learning to know
- Learning to do
- Learning to live with others
- Learning to be
Higher Education opens the path that leads to transcendence of knowledge.